2007년 1월 25일 목요일

blog#3-personal connections

The book, 'That was then, this is now' had so much realistic connections that I could make while reading it. The story went on by Bryon, one of the main character in the book in the form of a diary. He struggles between his brother like friend, Mark, and his new love, Cathy. Mark was adopted into Bryon's family (Bryon and his mom) when his parents killed each other with a shot gun over a huge fight. Ever since then, Mark and Bryon had been dearest friends, even closer than blood shared brothers. But when Bryon meets Cathy, he slowly spends more time with her than Mark, who gets the feeling of being left out of his best friend's life. This kind of situation made deep connection with my life because as a christian, I too, sometimes struggle between God and worldly things. Friends sometimes comes first for me, and I know how much that would hurt my God. As I read through this book, 'That was then, this is now' I have learned how important it is to balance out your life with people who you truely need to survive.

댓글 없음: